Federal and white collar criminal defense lawyer, NiaLena Caravasos, was recently consulted by the University of Alabama in a forensic psychological research study aimed at understanding how federal criminal defense attorneys evaluate evidence when determining a defendant’s competency to stand trial. NiaLena reviewed multiple mock case files and provided opinions on various defendants’ competency to proceed to court versus the necessity of referral for mental health evaluation.
About the Author
- Legal Advisor on Securities White Collar Fraud to Wharton MBA Class January 22, 2023
- Interviewed for Business Law Class at West Chester University September 13, 2022
- Recognized as Best of the Best … Named in “Top 100 Pennsylvania” and “Top 100 Philadelphia” and “Top 50” Women Super Lawyers June 01, 2022
- “Top 50 Women” Super Lawyers July 26, 2016
- “10 Best” Attorneys in PA for Client Satisfaction in Criminal Law November 07, 2016
- America’s Most Honored Professionals April 08, 2016