Nationally recognized Philadelphia federal criminal defense and white collar crime attorney NiaLena Caravasos is honored to have been invited once again back to her alma mater, The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania. This time, she spoke to a class of joint J.D. candidates and MBA students as a CLE (Continuing Legal Education) instructor on white collar fraud. The interactive and spirited exchange with the J.D. / MBA students who have all previously held prominent positions in the business world focused on analyzing multiple scenarios of white collar fraud in the financial sector. The class broke up into different groups representing the various parties involved and had to role-play and debate the most strategic legal options regarding negotiation strategies and trial tactics in evaluating the best possible resolution. As with any decision, there is always a cost-benefit analysis in figuring out which option is the best one for the specific situation at issue versus any precedent that may be set for the future and in a global spectrum for the industry that also has to be factored into the equation. All of these issues were analyzed in great detail along with a strong emphasis on ethical concerns as well as the need for transparency in the financial industry.
About the Author
- Legal Advisor on Securities White Collar Fraud to Wharton MBA Class January 22, 2023
- Interviewed for Business Law Class at West Chester University September 13, 2022
- Recognized as Best of the Best … Named in “Top 100 Pennsylvania” and “Top 100 Philadelphia” and “Top 50” Women Super Lawyers June 01, 2022
- “Top 50 Women” Super Lawyers July 26, 2016
- “10 Best” Attorneys in PA for Client Satisfaction in Criminal Law November 07, 2016
- America’s Most Honored Professionals April 08, 2016