NiaLena Caravasos, a federal criminal defense and white collar crime attorney in Philadelphia, was especially honored to be able to instruct Wharton MBA students in order to prepare them for a securities settlement negotiation. Although NiaLena was unable to return in person to the campus of her alma mater, The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, due to the suspension of physical classes during the COVID-19 pandemic, she was able to connect virtually with the class. NiaLena provided legal advice to the MBA students regarding the merits of their case study in which a Brokerage Firm and Broker are being sued by an Investor for allegations of improper management of an Investment Portfolio. NiaLena assessed the pros and cons of the securities lawsuit against the Brokerage Firm and also gave strategic advice to the MBA students on whether to proceed to arbitration as well as how to best conduct the settlement negotiations in order to secure a settlement most beneficial to the Brokerage Firm while also taking into account the ethical issues involved.
About the Author
- NiaLena Caravasos Honored To Advise Wharton MBA Students On Securities Negotiations April 20, 2020
- NiaLena Caravasos Quoted on Competitive Advantage Through Client Experience August 20, 2019
- NiaLena Caravasos Interviewed and Quoted in the Thomson Reuters Article Entitled “Solve your firm’s pricing and payment collection problems” July 23, 2019
- “Top 50 Women” Super Lawyers July 26, 2016
- “10 Best” Attorneys in PA for Client Satisfaction in Criminal Law November 07, 2016
- America’s Most Honored Professionals April 08, 2016