NiaLena Caravasos, a federal criminal defense and white collar crime attorney in Philadelphia, was especially honored to be able to instruct Wharton MBA students in order to prepare them for a securities settlement negotiation. Although NiaLena was unable to return in person to the campus of her alma mater, The Wharton School at the University of Pennsylvania, due to the suspension of physical classes during the COVID-19 pandemic, she was able to connect virtually with the class. NiaLena provided legal advice to the MBA students regarding the merits of their case study in which a Brokerage Firm and Broker are being sued by an Investor for allegations of improper management of an Investment Portfolio. NiaLena assessed the pros and cons of the securities lawsuit against the Brokerage Firm and also gave strategic advice to the MBA students on whether to proceed to arbitration as well as how to best conduct the settlement negotiations in order to secure a settlement most beneficial to the Brokerage Firm while also taking into account the ethical issues involved.
About the Author
- Legal Advisor on Securities White Collar Fraud to Wharton MBA Class January 22, 2023
- Interviewed for Business Law Class at West Chester University September 13, 2022
- Recognized as Best of the Best … Named in “Top 100 Pennsylvania” and “Top 100 Philadelphia” and “Top 50” Women Super Lawyers June 01, 2022
- “Top 50 Women” Super Lawyers July 26, 2016
- “10 Best” Attorneys in PA for Client Satisfaction in Criminal Law November 07, 2016
- America’s Most Honored Professionals April 08, 2016